Wednesday 28 October 2015

Packing my Pannier

This is for the women out there - my packed pannier (Dee's) - for a year! It is a good job I am a light traveler as my pannier does not fit a whole lot inside! The pic below is what I needed to fit in....


This useful but chunky guidebook needs to be packed somewhere too...not sure where. Oh - and meet Mr Robin! He is our lucky mascot for the trip - we have had a very friendly robin in our garden for years who would follow me around - so thought he should come too! He is not very big so will slip in the luggage somewhere....


I invested in some very lightweight packing cubes (Eagle Creek) to make it easier to pack as well as easier to find stuff. So in the largest cube I have trousers, wrap around skirt, dress, fleece, shirt, 2 x vests, tshirt. In the middle size cube I have what I call "sport items" - bikini, capri running tights, merino wool top and bottom, waterproof socks. The smallest cube contains my underwear and other socks. The pic below shows most stuff packed into the cubes....



 Also in the pannier, I have a travel towel, mini radio, inflatable pillow, journal book, feather gilet, toiletry bag, silk sleeping bag liner, my amazing camp chair, flipflips, sandals and running shoes. 

Packed.......!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us a message...

Translate